[Sticky] Major upgrade of motion detection and motion video
Dear Netvue user,
after almost 2 months of testing, we're excited to announce a huge update to motion detection and motion video cloud service.
I, Smart Perceive Motion Detection
We bring a new generation motion detection technology - Smart Perceive, which uses smart environment perception algorithm based on machine learning. It can suppress the disturbance of motion detection caused by regular changes in the environment and enhance the ability to detect transient changes in the picture.
For example, there is a tree in your yard, camera would capture motions when the wind blows tree and send you notification. But now with Smart Perceive, it will reduce this kind of notification to a great extent.
Smart Perceive will filter useless motion caused by wind, sunrise and sunset etc. And also, increase person movement detection. In general, it performs more availability than traditional motion detection and provides better security for your family.
II, Increase the range of motion detection sensitive
We received some feedbacks that motion detection was too sensitive. Through repeated testing and calculation, we increased the motion sensitive range. After upgrading, you can get lower sensitive if set it to low level.
III, Smart clip of motion video recording
- When motion detected, you will get a notification immediately. And you can easily enter live video via the notification push. At the same time, the camera will keep recording motion videos.
- In the late version of motion video, it only records the first movement period within 5 minutes, so it might missed some motions;
With Smart clip, if there are several movements in 5 minutes, motions will be recorded and put together in one video for up to 24 seconds.
▽Watch video below to see the difference▽
- You can easily disable the transition video before each clip by tap the “Setting” icon on the motion page.
- Due to continuous recording, you might get the video in up to 5 minutes after getting notification.
- Only one motion video per 5 minutes.
How to update?
- This upcoming firmware version is 1237, and will be automatically updated at 3:00 a.m. the next day. Please keep the power and network connection normal at that time.
- This firmware update will be phased released, if you find that your device has not been updated, please wait patiently.
- Please update Netvue App to latest version (5.7.4 for iOS and 5.7.7 for Android) for your better experience.
- Due to the Increased range of motion detection sensitivity, the sensitive level you have set before might be too low, please adjust the sensitivity accordingly.
Thanks for improving Netvue products with us!
Welcome to share your thoughts about this new firmware. And thanks a lot to 228 beta testers! Please stay tuned on Netvue community for more campaigns. See you in next beta test!
I have had exactly the same issue, i.e. the firmware 1238 was automatically installed overnight, then the device was randomly going offline. Just like netvue358911, I also restarted the camera a number of times using the App, but this made not difference. The App was also reporting possible WiFi interference, although nothing had changed to my setup after the firmware update. I also repeated a number of power off/on cycles which eventually appeared to fix the issue, but not until yesterday evening. All of this had occurred within the last 48 hours.
Also to reiterate what netvue358911 had said concerning sensitivity, firmware 1238 is definitely a huge improvement in fixing the false positive alerts, for example, when subtle changes in lighting conditions occur.
My device keeps going offline with the new firmware. 1238, Netvue Home Cam. Had to restart it once per day for the last 2 days now.
But the sensitivity is fixed by the way, so much better
I purchased the vigil for its motion software and although better than most I still have a problem with triggering by light not motion
mine points at my front door and at night whenever anyone turns the inside house light on or off it triggers the motion sensor!
I’ve tried the lowest sensitivity and tried to turn off most of the areas that point directly at the door but no good
i now have to turn off all motion sensing at nigh time which is disappointing
Hi guys, sorry again for this trouble. We have released version 1239 for vigil. Please send your device ID to email@example.com if your Vigil has not been updated to version 1239 from 1238. If it is still 1232 then you don't need to update.