How to Put on and Remove a Face Mask
Studies have shown that the coronavirus is most commonly transmitted through respiratory droplets, such as when someone sneezes or coughs. Face mask provides a physical barrier to fluids and large particle droplets.
Wearing a mask properly matters. Always follow product instructions on use and storage of the mask, and procedures for how to put on and remove a mask. If instructions for putting on and removing the mask are not available, then follow the steps below.
How to put on a face mask?
- Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before touching the mask.
- Remove a mask from the box and make sure there are no obvious tears or holes in either side of the mask.
- Determine which side of the mask is the top. The side of the mask that has a stiff bendable edge is the top and is meant to mold to the shape of your nose.
- Determine which side of the mask is the front. The colored side of the mask is usually the front and should face away from you, while the white side touches your face.
- Hold the mask by the ear loops. Place a loop around each ear.
- Mold or pinch the stiff edge to the shape of your nose.
- Pull the bottom of the mask over your mouth and chin.
How to remove a face mask
- Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before touching the mask.Avoid touching the front of the mask. The front of the mask is contaminated. Only touch the ear loops.
- Hold both of the ear loops and gently lift and remove the mask.
- Throw the mask in the trash. Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
Please remember that the best thing you can for yourselves and others is stay at home, but if you or a loved one is an essential worker you can find things like masks, gloves and alcohol wipes on shop.netvue.com. Times are rough, let’s stick together.